Just because Summer is still far away, that doesn't mean you can't barbecue! A few of our tips will make sure you can enjoy delicious results from your barbecue all year round ! So here are our top tips for successful barbecuing in winter:
- Make sure you are dressed warm enough when you are barbecuing in wintertime! Your barbecue may be warm, but remember to bundle up! Watch out with scarves, tassels or other clothing items that could come in contact with the barbecue during your grilling session! Even better, limit the time you spend outdoors. You don’t need to watch your barbecue as it cooks, thanks to the Weber lid on cooking method and you can even monitor your food as it cooks from the comfort of your home with the Weber iGrill. Your limbs and face will thank you later.
- Wear the right gloves when you are grilling in the cold! Make sure you are wearing heat-resistant gloves when operating your Weber barbecue, also and maybe especially in winter cold!
- Never barbecue inside your garage or under an overhang! No matter the weather—snow, rain or wind. Barbecuing safely is a must. So be sure your grill is at least three metres away from all somewhat flammable materials in your garden and in a well-ventilated area.
- Clear a path to your barbecue when you are barbecuing in the winter! If it snows remember to remove any snow and ice before igniting the Weber barbecue—the colder weather will lower the temperatures inside the barbecue, so any additional snow will lower the temperature further. Also, make sure there is enough room around the barbecue for you to move around freely and give your grill enough time to pre-heat.
- Be prepared with extra fuel when your are grilling in the cold! Cooking times may need to be extended, or the barbecue may need a little extra fuel to reach the right temperature, so add briquettes when necessary or have an extra gas bottle on hand. One trick is to position the barbecue at right angles to the wind. This will help control the temperature inside the grill even throughout breezy cooking hours.
- Be patient when you barbecue in colder temperatures! Through the colder temperatures and maybe high winds, your Weber barbecue still knows how to get the job done, even if it takes a little longer. Plan on adding 5-10 minutes to the normal time it takes to preheat your grill in warmer months.
- iGrill is a perfect meat thermometer to help you during a wintergrill. It's always a good idea to use a meat thermometer to make sure your food is cooked properly and to perfection. iGrill is a digital app-connected thermometer that allows you to connect up to four temperature probes to monitor food from beginning to end. The app will notify you once cooked foods, like steak, chicken or roast have reached the perfect degree to serve. Bluetooth connectivity, with a range of up to 45 metres (line of sight), means you can monitor the temperature of your food as it cooks, from the warmth of your home.
- Remember to cook with the lid of your Weber barbecue closed. Barbecuing when the temperature is lower will always lead to longer cooking times, and the more you open the lid, the longer your food will take to reach perfect temperature. Cooking with the lid on creates an oven-like effect in your barbecue, keeping the heat inside and circulating it around the food, making sure you eat a delicious meal!
- Keep your barbecue covered when not in use – especially in the winter – to protect it from all the elements
- Trust your Weber barbecue! Weber barbecues are put through rigorous testing to ensure that they perform at a superior level in any type of weather. Your Weber barbecue performs well in different weather scenarios because of the high-quality materials used in production. Whether you prefer cooking with charcoal, gas or electric you will be good to go with Weber! So when your hands itch to ge the barbecue out, do so, keep it standing tall in your garden.
Buying your Weber barbecue at Jones' Weber World store!
Jones garden centre has become a Weber World Store and is now renowned Weber barbecue specialist. We know how important it is to find the right barbecue, to fit your needs and your garden or pattio. Our experts are glad to help you find the right Weber barfbecue! To keep your barbecue in great shape and to keep grilling safe and fun, we have a wide range of Weber accessories. You'll find them in our webshop or in our garden centre in Donabate.