In the Jones Garden Centre Lantern category, you'll find a wide selection of lanterns in all shapes, sizes, and styles. Whether you're looking for a traditional candle lantern, a solar-powered LED lantern, or something in between, we have you covered. Our lanterns are perfect for adding a warm and inviting touch to your garden, patio, or outdoor space. So why wait? Browse our selection of lanterns today and find the perfect one to suit your needs.
How To Choose The Right Garden Lanterns For Your Home
Those soft, ethereal light sources that are also known as garden lanterns have been used to add splendor to outdoor spaces for centuries. Whether it’s a Japanese lantern or a Chinese dragon lantern, these hanging lamps typically use some combination of heat and light to create an otherworldly atmosphere that stands apart from more traditional outdoor lighting methods. Garden Lanterns are an excellent way to add beauty and elegance with minimal cost and effort. These lovely lights will help you create the perfect environment for your outdoor living space, for example, a porch or patio. Here we have some tips on how you can find the best garden lanterns for your home.
What is a Garden Lantern?
A garden lantern is a lighting fixture that is designed to be used outdoors. These lanterns can be free-standing or hung from a wall or tree branch. The most common types of garden lanterns are those that use oil, kerosene, or electricity to produce light. Oil lanterns have a glass container filled with liquid fuel, usually kerosene. The fuel is burned to heat a metal wire mesh that glows, producing light. Kerosene lanterns are similar to oil lanterns but use kerosene as a fuel instead of oil. Kerosene lanterns are often decorative, but it’s important to keep them away from children and animals. Electric garden lanterns use electricity to produce light. They are generally less expensive than other types of garden lanterns, but they can’t be used during power outages.
Where to Place Your Lanterns
You can place your lanterns in any part of the garden but some places are better than others. Here are a few tips on where you should place your lanterns.
- Outdoor dining areas - If you enjoy dining outside during warm weather, why not add some lanterns to the setting? You can place lanterns on the ground or at low tables.
- Patio and deck spaces - If you want to create a relaxing setting on your patio or deck, lanterns are a great choice. You can hang them from the patio and deck lights or trees.
- Walkways and paths - If you want to add a nice finishing touch to your walkways and paths, lanterns are a great choice. You can place them on the ground or hang them from trees.
How to Shop for the Right Lantern
As you shop for garden lanterns, you’ll want to keep a few things in mind. Here are a few tips on how to shop for the right lanterns for your garden.
- Choose a style - Before you begin shopping for lanterns, think about the design you want to incorporate into your garden. Do you want a traditional style garden? Or perhaps you want a more modern look. Do you want to use a single style throughout your garden, or do you want to mix and match designs? Once you decide on a style, you can use it to guide your shopping.
- Choose a colour - Many lanterns come in a variety of colours. You can choose a colour that matches the colour scheme of your garden or home. You can also choose a colour that contrasts with the rest of your garden, but only if you’re careful to balance it out with other elements.
- Choose a fuel source - If you choose an electric lantern, you’ll want to keep in mind that you’ll need an outlet to plug it in. If you use fuel to light your lanterns, you’ll need to keep a supply of fuel on hand to keep them lit.
Garden lanterns are an excellent way to add beauty and elegance with minimal cost and effort. These lovely lights will help you create the perfect environment for your outdoor living space, for example, a porch or patio. We hope you’ve found this article helpful and that you’re now equipped with all the knowledge you need to choose the best garden lanterns for your home.